The Department of Computer Science & Engineering was Started in the year 2012 with an intake of 18. The department house state of the art, laboratories, boasts of well trained, committed and experienced teaching faculty who emphasize the theoretical and practical applications of computation and computer systems to the needs of the society using advanced pedagogic methodologies.
Department of Computer Science & Engineering
The department has aesthetically designed, practically architectured airy class rooms and laboratories for students and staff rooms for faculty and administrational efficiency with internet enabled systems. Faculty uses state of the art audio and visual aids to ensure better content delivery and facilitates greater student interaction. The department has a collection of around 216 titles and 05 volumes. The departmental Library consists of vast collection of books covering all domains. The Major Lab are:
- Aryabhatta Advanced Computing Lab
- Charles Babbage Centre
- Von Neumann Centre & Chomsky Centre
Average consistent pass % of more than 90% in university exams resulted in better quality of input.
6 out of 10 Faculty achieved 100% Results in University Exams.
- Faculties have undergone training on High Impact Teaching Skills as a part of Mission10x conducted by Wipro Technologies
- Faculties have undergone training on Campus Connect Program conducted at Infosys Ltd.
- Most of our faculties have presented papers at National and International conferences/journals.
- Ms. Preethi Goldeena J, got placed in M/S IBM.
Seven Faculties have Presented ‘Twenty one’ Papers in various National/International Conferences.
- Most of all the faculties are members of professional bodies like ISTE.
- Edusat,E-vidya programs are conducted regularly.
- Faculty commitment to excellence in teaching has been recognized and honoured with numerous engineering and Institutional awards.
- In addition to classes students also have the opportunity to interact with faculty through mentoring system.
- Students are encouraged to participate in extracurricular and special activities by organizing Intercollegiate events and sports on VTU level are conducted.