The Department of Computer Science & Engineering was established in the year 1997 right from the inception of the institution with an objective of imparting quality technical education in IT field. The department offers B E and M.Tech degrees in CSE with an intake of 60 UG students and 18 PG students respectively. The department house state of the art, laboratories, boasts of well trained, committed and experienced teaching faculty who emphasize the theoretical and practical applications of computation and computer systems to the needs of the society using advanced pedagogic methodologies.
Department of Computer Science & Engineering
The department has aesthetically designed, practically architectured airy class rooms and laboratories for students and staff rooms for faculty and administrational efficiency with internet enabled systems. Faculty uses state of the art audio and visual aids to ensure better content delivery and facilitates greater student interaction. The department has a collection of around 216 titles and 05 volumes. The department has a collection of around 650 books. The Major Lab are:
- Aryabhatta Advanced Computing Lab
- Charles Babbage Centre
- Von Neumann Centre & Chomsky Centre
- Electronics & Logic Design Lab
Average consistent pass % of more than 90% in university exams resulted in better quality of input.
- 6 out of 10 Faculty achieved 100% Results in University Exams.
- 2nd sem - 69.77% with 11 FCD’s.
- 4th sem - 76.92% with 09 FCD’s.
- 6th sem - 94% with 21 FCD’s
- 8th sem - 96% with 37 FCD’s
- 2nd sem M.tech - 100% with 02 FCD’s
June-July 2015 Result
- Faculties have undergone training on High Impact Teaching Skills as a part of Mission10x conducted by Wipro Technologies
- Most of our faculties have presented papers at National and International conferences/journals.
- Ms. Ashwini P B(1AP14CS011) secured 11th Rank in 2nd Semester VTU B.E Examination June/July-2015 and scored 100 out 100 in Engineering Mathematics-II
- Dr.Anirban Basu Has conducted research on Parallel Processing. Computer Architecture and Compiler Optimization at Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata from 1979 – 1985. The work resulted in PhD thesis of University of Calcutta.
- Led the Foundations and Futures Group (Advanced Research Group) at CDAC, Bangalore from 1989-1995 to work on Performance Analysis, Parallel Algorithms, Parallelizing Compilers, etc. relevant to India’s first Supercomputer PARAM.
- Awarded a project in 2014 by Vision Group on Science and Technology (VGST), Government of Karnataka to work on Software Security.
- Most of all the faculties are members of professional bodies like ISTE.
- Edusat,E-vidya programs are conducted regularly.
- Faculty commitment to excellence in teaching has been recognized and honoured with numerous engineering and Institutional awards.
- In addition to classes students also have the opportunity to interact with faculty through mentoring system.
- Students are encouraged to participate in extracurricular and special activities by organizing Intercollegiate events and sports on VTU level are conducted.
Mega Hertz (Department Technical Forum)
"MEGA HERTZ - Feel the Pulse" is a departmental technical forum of CSE formed in 2010 under the young and energetic students.It has been organizing various technical events,cultural events and Fun games. It aims at making the students ready for global challenges. Its vision is to build the students ready for the challenges after engineering. It has organized several technical competitions at college level and Inter-college level such as Quiztech, Web designing, Tech charades and Google search.
Teaching Faculty and Staff
Prof. C.P.SameeranaAssociate Professor and
H O D, CSE
Dr. Anirban BasuProfessor, CSE
Dr. S.G.BalakrishnanProfessor, CSE
Prof. Bhagyashree RAssistant Professor, CSE
Prof. Asha NAssistant Professor, CSE
Ms.Shwetha M SAssistant Professor, CSE
Mrs.Rajashree M ByalalAssistant Professor, CSE
Mrs. Sarala D.VAssistant Professor, CSE
Mr. Santhosh B.DAssistant Professor, CSE
Mr. Adarsha Sagar H.V.Assistant Professor, CSE
Mr. Muniraju MAssistant Professor, CSE
Mr. Chandra Mohan BAssistant Professor, CSE
Ms. Supriya SureshAssistant Professor, CSE