The Department of ISE started in the year 2000 with an intake of 60 students. Department aims at improving the quality of education by imparting more practical approach in learning with a perfect blend of managerial skills in students. Department has dedicated and well qualified staff with rich experience in both teaching and industry. Dedicated library facility in the department with more than 300 titles encourages many intellectual’s knowledge appetite.
Department of Information Science & Engineering
The department is located in an area of 8000 sq.ft. The labs are well equipped with about 120 computer on LAN supported by licensed software as per AICTE and VTU norms. Our department provides high speed internet service 24x7 centralized with 2 servers. comprising Lecture halls, Departmental Library, Faculty rooms and Laboratories. The major Laboratories are:
- Data Structures / OOPs Lab
- EC & LD / Microprocessor Lab
- Operating Systems / Computer Networks Lab
- Algorithms / DBMS Lab
- System / Internet Programming Lab
The students of ISE have made the department proud by securing good results in VTU exams
- Consistently placed First in University results among all departments in the College.
- Department has consistently secured its position as one among toppers in VTU Exam Results among all Regional colleges.
- 8 of 10 Faculty achieved 100% Results in University Exams.
- Namitha H N (4th Sem Student) Secured 3rd Place in University Toppers List.
- Preethi K S (4th Sem Student) Secured 5th Place in University Toppers List.
- ISE uses in-house software developed for maintaining student information.
- Nandeeswar S B - Successfully guided a team for Advanced Engineering Technologies competition conducted by National Resources Defense Council at IISC.
- Abhijit Das - Guided students for the IBM-TGMC and one team secured 7th Place in Karnataka.
- Suresh H - Guided the Project entitled Intruder Alarm System and participated in Student Programme conducted by KSCST at NITK Surathkal.
- Most of the teachers have participated in Mission 10X a FDP initiated by AzimPremji foundation, WIPRO to face todays world of global competition.
Two Faculties have registered for Ph.D in Network Security with Image Processing.
Seven Faculties have Presented ‘Twenty one’ Papers in various National/International Conferences.
In addition to leading students towards academic excellence, we emphasize on their overall development by co curricular activities.
Our department students has participated in several sports such as Throw ball, Volley ball, Football, Basket ball, Cricket, Athletics tournament and cultural events such as Pot painting, Pencil Sketching, Nail Art, Rangoli, Mehandi, Cooking without fire, Sudoku, Antakshari, Solo & Group dance etc. & played vital role in securing prizes.
Department has won rolling trophy for three consecutive years for sports & cultural activities.
Techspark (Department Technical Forum)
"TECHSPARK - Igniting Innovations" a forum by the students and for the students.It helps in uplifting technical, soft skills of students.It has organized several technical competitions at college and inter-college level such as Technical Quiz, System Assembling, e-collage, etc. Techzine is a magazine released every semester by Techspark which focuses on the vocabulary and writing skills of students.
Teaching Faculty and Staff
Prof. Nandeeswar S BAssociate Professor
Prof. Shobha NAssistant Professor
Mr. Abhijit DasAssistant Professor
Mr. Suresh HAssistant Professor
Mrs. Nita MeshramAssistant Professor
Mrs. Shruthi B SAssistant Professor
Mrs. Vibhavi R NAssistant Professor
Mr. RanjithAssistant Professor
Ms. Vanitha A NAssistant Professor
Mrs. Pallavi H BAssistant Professor
Mrs. Rachana B SAssistant Professor