The department of Telecommunication Engineering started in the year 1999
with a capacity of 60 students.The Department has well equipped laboratories
and class rooms and modern teaching aids to assist, in effective teaching
methodologies. The Department has its library with more than 300 books in
store to provide students a better access to the resources.
Department Forum ‘TEA’ is instrumental in conducting various technical activities for the students of all branches. Our faculties have been attending workshops and seminars to get themselves updated with the current trends and developments in technology.
Department of Telecommunication & Engineering
The department of Telecommunication Engineering started in the year 1999 with a capacity of 60 students.The Department has well equipped laboratories and class rooms and modern teaching aids to assist, in effective teaching methodologies. The Department has its library with more than 300 books in store to provide students a better access to the resources.
The Department has 3 e-class rooms and 4 full fledged laboratories for effective teaching.
- Analog Electronics and Circuit Lab
- Logic Design Lab
- Analog /Advanced Communication Lab
- Microwave and Antenna Lab
- VHDL/DSP Lab
- Microcontroller/Microprocessor/CCN Lab
The students of TCE have made the department proud by securing good results in VTU exams
- The students have come out with flying colours in the recently held VTU examinations.
- 3rd & 7th Sem students of the Department has achieved 100% Results in VTU Examination Dec-2012/Jan-2013
- 8th semester regular students of 2012 passed out secured 100% FCD
- 6 Faculties achieved 100% Results in University Exams.
- Aparna S.M (8th Sem Student) Secured 8th Place in University Toppers List.
- 4 of our faculties have undergone training on “High Impact Teaching Skills”, at Mission10x conducted by Wipro Technologies.
- Prof. N.S.S. Murthy an Alumni of IIT Kanpur was a Senior Executive Engineer at Tata Power Company Limited.
- Prof. D Krishnaveni and Prof. Samatha K have secured 2nd Rank in the M.Tech and have presented 5 and 3 papers respectively.
- Shyam N.S, NaveenKumar, Manoj K.N and Nanda Kishore have submitted paper on “Implementation of AMBA AHB ” in TECHNISIUM 2012 at SIT, Tumkur under the guidance of Sumana Achar, S L, TCE
3 of our faculty members have published research papers in the National & International Conferences.
In addition to leading students towards academic excellence, we emphasize on their overall development by co curricular activities.
Our department students has participated in several sports such as Throw ball, Volley ball, Football, Basket ball, Cricket, Athletics tournament and cultural events such as Pot painting, Pencil Sketching, Nail Art, Rangoli, Mehandi, Cooking without fire, Sudoku, Antakshari, Solo & Group dance etc. & played vital role in securing prizes.
Telecom Engineers Association(Technical Forum)
"TEA-Think get Educated and become an Associate"
It has been organizing various events, technical activities and industrial visits for
the students every semester.
In the year 2011-2012 TEA was successful in organizing Seminars:
Mobile communication 3G/4G by Mr. C.K Prem Kumar,CEO, NextGen Mobile technologies,
Array Dipole and Types of Antenna by Prof Srinivasa Halvi,Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering,
Seminar on Antenna and Propogation by Prof. B.R. Geetha, AMC College of Engineering, Bangalore
Teaching Faculty and Staff