05 - 10 - 2023
On October 5, 2023, APS College of Engineering achieved a significant milestone by inaugurating cutting-edge facilities and dedicated cells focused on fostering innovation and empowerment.
With great pride, APS College of Engineering unveiled state-of-the-art facilities, including the "Centre of Excellence (COE) in 3D Printing and Industry 4.0 Lab." These remarkable additions underscore our unwavering commitment to embracing technological advancements and preparing our students for the industries of the future.
Furthermore, we introduced seven specialized cells, each under the guidance of distinguished experts:
- The "Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC)" led by Dr. Ravi Kumar R, TPO, and Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- The "Industry Institute Interaction Cell (IIC)" skilfully directed by Dr.Nandeesh SB, Professor in the Department of Information Science and Engineering.
- The "Centre for Skill Development (CSD)" is under the capable leadership of Prof. Muralidhara, Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering.
- The "Inclusive Development and Empowerment Centre for Differently-Abled (IDEA)" is passionately headed by Prof. Sridhar, Physical Education Director.
- The "Gender Advancement for Transforming Institutions (GATI) Cell" is under the able leadership of Dr. K S Anand, Professor of Basic Science.
- The "Women Empowerment Cell (WEC)" is steered by Prof. Bhagyashree, Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering.
This historic occasion was graced by eminent personalities who inaugurated these facilities and cells, including Dr. L Jyothish Kumar R, President of Additive Manufacturing Society of India; Dr. Vishnu Bharath, President of APS Education Trust; Dr. S.C. Sharma, GC Chairman of APSCE and Vice President of APSET; Prof. A. Prakash, General Secretary; Prof. K.P. Narasimha Murthy, Trustee of APSET; Shri Manjunath A.R. and Sri Krishna Swamy, Joint Secretaries of APSET; and Shri Akilesh Babu K.S., Treasurer. The event was presided over by Dr. Ramprasad, Trustee of APSET, and Director of APSCE, Dr. DG Anand, Principal of APSCE.
As part of our commitment to skill development, we extended our outreach to government school students, providing them with essential training in the "Basics of Computer." Additionally, we engaged students from various government polytechnics in skill development programs focused on 3D printing, design, and scanning. We also conducted training sessions for job seekers in areas such as "Industrial Lathe," "Universal Milling Machine," and "Radial Drill Machine."
In a significant step, the "IDEA Cell" was inaugurated along with PWD students. This cell has submitted a proposal for DST funding for Braille technology for the Visually Impaired and has formed partnerships with nearby NGOs to address the challenges faced by the local PWD community through assistive technology.
Our "EDC Cell" provides alumni and students with opportunities to set up businesses on campus, with a vision to establish an incubation facility and a section 8 company on campus. This cell encourages students to present innovative ideas, fostering their participation in business incubation challenges.
We are excited to embark on this journey of innovation, skill development, and empowerment as we continue to nurture the next generation of leaders and technocrats. Stay tuned for the remarkable developments that will unfold within our institution.